Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Love



Growing up I had almost no restrictions. I was free to let my imagination run wild, that included watching anything I wanted. I've been a lover of film for as long as I can remember. I can't recall which movie I watched first, loved first, or hated first. But I definitely remember the point when I knew I wanted to be behind the camera. So with a commanding passion for cinema, I just started to watch more, and as frequently and often as I could. By the time I graduated high school I had memorized the filmography for almost every single active film maker.

Then I came to a point after high school where I had to choose. It was to either study Architecture, Culinary, or Film. I took a year off to give it some real thought and did some impressive travelling along the way. I was about half way into my trip and my state of mind wasn't exactly progressing, until I lost someone very close to me. Without getting into much detail I can only say that if it wasn't for this person and her sacrifices, I might not even be here today.

I realized that my love for film and the camera outweighs all other commodities, and that life is too short to not take any chances. I didn't sign up for film school to become a famous director or cinematographer. I don't want to become disgustingly rich. I just don't want to be beset with any regrets down the road. I'm here because I believe that if I wasn't here now, I might not have the same opportunity later on in life. I'm here because I love the magic of film making, the required team work, trials, and tribulations that come along with creating a story in front of the camera, successful or not. I'm here to find my way, in doing something I love for a living.

And don't I ever forget this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment