Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Place To be


There's a certain place on earth that I hold dear too. English Bay, located west of Vancouver's downtown peninsula. It is surrounded by restaurants, hotdog stands, coffee and ice cream shops, and residential towers. It's also a connecting point to the Seawall that wraps around Stanley Park and False Creek. I guess you can call it an area of thought and reflection, because if I'm ever going through a rough time I will always end up heading down there by myself, sometimes for hours on end. It's an ideal spot for tourists as well. On normal summer days, the area will be flooded with locals and tourists alike. Unless I'm on recreational time, I favor spending time there during the cooler days, when less people are roaming about. It might seem hysterical for me to say that I owe plenty to this place, but that really is nothing but an honest statement. There's just something so magical about the vast, fiery sunsets, which meet the calm, gentle waters that words cannot describe. Just thought I'd share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment