Sunday, January 24, 2010

Life Times

I haven't opened up this thing for a while, and I feel a bit expressive right now, so why not? Hmm, so this past week has been one of low moral. For some reason I haven't been feeling right lately, not feeling like me. Statistically, January is the most depressing month of the year, definitely my least favourite. I guess maybe it has something to do with being right after the holiday break, a certain back lash if you will. At school, I easily get annoyed by the smallest things. Homework has started to pile up heading into week 4, term 2. At least this month has gone by fast. Oh wait, then there's February 14th, single awareness day lol. Ok, I have nothing against Valentines day. I just had a friend who used to say that, and every year it cracked me up, I miss her. Oh and to make matters worse, today I found out that Jacqueline, one of my fellow classmates is quitting school due to some medical problems, which means she has to go back to Idaho. I believe she was taking film production next year as well. And we were just starting to get to know each other =(. I was honestly looking forward to working with her, what a shame. The best thing I can do is wish her the best on all future endeavours. Come to think of it, it's only been 2 terms and our class has lost 5 people... Sad.


So as far as films go, I haven't seen much lately, not at the rate I'm normally accustomed too. Reading all of these Sundance updates on twitter really makes me wish I was there. The only thing's I've watched this month worth mentioning would be "The Hurt Locker" and "Moon". I've also recently read the James Cameron biography "The Futurist" by Rebecca Keegan. I invested myself into that book quite extensively. A true Cinderella story. It's an amazing read, which I would highly recommend to anyone interested in film and all aspiring filmmakers.

The last thing I would like to mention on here would be about the cancellation of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien". I've grown up watching him since his old show, and seeing him lose this one deeply saddens me. The final address he gave to the audience on his last show was incredible. In my books, it definitely cemented him as a true class act. I hope he is able to make a return to television soon. I'm with Coco.

0 comments:

Post a Comment