Tuesday, March 22, 2011

About A Girl



What happens when the person who you spend an intimate and fair amount of time with, suddenly decides to take themselves out of your life? What do you do when you try everything you can to win them back, and they label you as obsessive and creepy? Even if you told them while you were together, that you would drop everything in a heartbeat and come back for them, if anything ever happened. How do you feel, if they go back on everything they told you while you were together? How do you move on when you've invested so much in them, and you initially did absolutely nothing wrong to them, for them to treat you in the ill-hearted manner that they do? When you love them with all your heart, and they break it?

This person who I'm talking about, I've loved and adored her for almost four years now. Three and a half of those years we were apart, because in June 2007 I walked out of her life to start anew for myself, in another city. But we still kept in touch, and I always had a notion that one day, we would be together again. Flash forward to November 2010. My beliefs proved to be right. We began to communicate more frequently, and she expresses that she misses me and was eager for me to come back to the city where I grew up. So the day came, a particularly beautiful day on November 12, 2010. It was my first full day back in Calgary for about a year and a half. I had made arrangements to spend the afternoon with her, and so I did. We caught up on each others estranged lifestyles, and we instantly clicked once again. The following weeks, I spent everyday with her, sometimes for long, and sometimes for short hours. It was a very sweet and pleasant time indeed. One of the things I remember most from those very first days we spent together, is that I expressed these exact words to her;

"I don't think I ever want you, because I'm afraid of losing you."

But I eventually did, and the rest is history...

And now you know my bittersweet story, of boy meets girl.

And yes, I really did mean what I said to you at the beginning. You believed me. But now everything I say seems to be incoherent and meaningless to you, S.K. Everything I did and said to win you back, I basically went for broke. But now I've decided to just give up.

You were someone who I really cared about. But you hurt me, a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment