Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Constant


You know, one of life's many constants is that some complete strangers can brighten up our days with the kindest words, sometimes with just a mere greeting or compliment. Yet the ones we truly love are capable of destroying our world with the cruelest.

It wasn't too long ago when I fell, hard. You are no different from I, we all fall at certain times. And the most painful collapses are from words conveyed from the most unexpected sources, from the people whom we trust our hearts with. But what matters most is if we have the capability to pick ourself back up. And not a day goes by where I don't tell myself to stay on my feet. Because the truth is, falling hurts. And I will never, ever, let anyone else's words push me over or bring me down again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment