Friday, June 3, 2011

After Dance


So I'm in the process of starting my own production company. The name I've come up with is "After Dance Productions." Has a nice flow to it and isn't all in-your-face. Right now we're nothing more than a few cameras, tripods, with past and upcoming engagements under our belt… But eventually within the next few years I want to open up a state of the art studio, located in beautiful downtown Vancouver. We'll deal mostly with events, weddings, model portfolio's and personal/professional portraits and albums.

I plan to be fully equipped with hair and make-up artists, photographers, videographers, and assistants and possibly graphic designers and interns. I know that there are many artists out there who are fresh out of schools like Vancouver Film, Art Institute, Blanche MacDonald Centre (hair and make-up), and many others, who don't really know which direction to step into after they graduate, or just don't have the right opportunities. Maybe I can give them such a possibility.

It's kind of a semi-dream I have right now. One that isn't impossibly out of reach. And if things go well, I can leave it for someone else to manage and I can pursue other ventures simultaneously. After all, my goal is to become a music video director and then ultimately a cinematographer. But honestly, do you ever really know what life has in store?

1 comments:

Seepz said...

Sounds like a good plan but like you said Do you ever really know? Hell no! Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans! Good luck with the production and hope and pray yours is a dream that will come true! :)

Post a Comment